- Social Media
- Active Citizenship
- Good Giving
- Corporate Responsibility
- Be Fearless
After just experiencing the third heat wave in the New York/DC area, summer is surely in full swing!
And, the best part of summertime for students is … no school! But, what are you going to do with all that free time?
Youth Service America put out a list of 10 ideas on how you can really make this summer a GOOD one! A summary of their 10 suggestions are below. Check out their site for full details on 10 Ways to Get Ur Good on this Summer!
- Set up a lemonade stand and donate the money you make to Alex's Lemonade Stand.
- Offer to pet-sit for your neighbors going on vacation for free.
- Are you a certified lifeguard? If so, offer to volunteer at your local local YMCA.
- It’s hurricane season. If you live in a hurricane-prone area, make a disaster relief kit or refill your current one and share information with friends and family.
- If you're eligible, donate blood.
- Keep the World Cup fever going! Support your city’s homeless street soccer team by cheering them on or hosting a drive to collect soccer accessories.
- Make sure to help elderly neighbors, by offering to mow their lawn, help with gardening, or with groceries.
- Volunteer at a nursing home or shelter.
- Did you grow from last summer? Donate those clothes that no longer fit to Goodwill or Salvation Army.
- Help promote literacy and Summer reading by registering organizations in your community that can use free books with First Book.