- Social Media
- Active Citizenship
- Good Giving
- Corporate Responsibility
- Be Fearless
A couple of years ago, we started a tradition at the Case Foundation to recognize Thanksgiving with a list of 25 things our team is grateful for, and we’re ready to roll out this year’s collection. As always, we are first and foremost thankful for the opportunity to work at the Case Foundation, under inspiring leadership, with passionate and hardworking colleagues, and in collaboration with partners doing amazing work to change the world.
And so, as we begin the holiday season, we’d like to share some of the other things that make us happy, proud, and thankful – not just on Thanksgiving, but every day of the year:
1. We’re thankful for amazing coworkers who are incredibly smart, caring, and fun.
2. Everyone who has already gone #Goodspotting with us. Have you been caught in the act yet?
3. The Case Foundation office kitchen for providing comfort snacks, much-needed caffeine, and a place for conversation. It’s just one more thing that makes the office feel like home!
4. A great partnership with City Year DC and the Case Foundation City Year Corps team at Simon Elementary who selflessly give one year of their time to serve youth.
5. A constant stream of music in our Facebook tickers thanks to team member Will’s Spotify playlist.
6. Our pets: Rupert, McGee, Emily, Isabelle, Charlotte, Lulu, Pisco, and Olive (dogs), and Tonic, Jonsi, and Ida (cats).
7. Entrepreneurs, for starting and growing companies that create much-needed jobs that ensure the development of healthy communities.
8. The proximity of the California Grill – this local joint has provided us with endless on the go lunches.
9. The awesome interns that join us each semester – we love learning from your research projects!
10. Mobile apps like DC Metro, Spotify, Scoutmob, and Instagram to make our lives easier, and more fun.
11. New team members (welcome Chris, Kate, Jenna, Samantha, and Stacey!)
12. The Startup America Partnership team, sharing our hallways and offices, and for Scott’s crazy t-shirts and sneakers.
13. Innovative organizations like Water For People that are changing the landscape for monitoring and evaluation in the developing world with FLOW.
14. Our newly announced Social Citizens Ambassadors – 10 dynamic leaders who are redefining social change through remarkable efforts across the country and around the world.
15. The occasional mental break to giggle at funny cat videos and pictures from our team member Emily.
16. The more than 50 organizations that have pledged more than $1 billion in pro bono skills-based services to nonprofits to make a lasting impact on society, and for those who will commit to get us to $2 billion!
17. Our supporters on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. Thanks for hanging out with us, and for sharing your stories and ideas!
18. The office-wide Thanksgiving potluck. Tons of delicious food and wine, and we were able to donate the leftovers to the church next door.
19. Working with partners like the Boys and Girls Clubs of America to support youth community engagement and mentorship…and for the opportunity to meet LeBron James and Ashanti.
20. The Starbucks mobile app because it allows us to buy that many more #PSLs (Pumpkin Spice Lattes) than we should this season.
21. The White House for tapping us to collaborate on Startup America and inviting our chairman to be a voice for entrepreneurs on the President’s Council on Jobs & Competitiveness, and of course, for inviting us to the Twitter Town Hall.
22. Great partners like Points of Light Institute, The Mission Continues, Give an Hour, First Book, NFTE, and more who are continually innovating through education and service.
23. Our new(ish) website, which is chock full of resources and tools to help you learn more and do more every day in social media, active citizenship, good giving, and corporate responsibility.
24. The new Facebook Insights – because who doesn’t like to see what “people are talking about”?
25. The opportunity to attend inspiring events such as South by Southwest Interactive, Net Impact, Independent Sector, NTEN, and more – and especially to make new friendships and partnerships out of it!