It’s that time of year – the time for celebrating big accomplishments, for starting new chapters and thinking about what’s next on the way to our big dreams. That’s right, graduation season is upon us, and we want to extend a big congratulations to all the 2014 graduates!
This year is particularly exciting for us at the Case Foundation – as our own Jean Case will receive an honorary doctorate from the Indiana University Lilly School of Philanthropy. Jean will be honored at the commencement ceremonies for Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) this Sunday, May 11. More than 30,000 students from 122 countries call IUPUI home, including students at the Lilly School, the nation’s first school for philanthropy.
To commemorate this special achievement, the team has shared their thoughts on Jean’s role as our fearless leader. As CEO of the Foundation she continually reminds us to keep learning and growing in all that we do. We can’t wait to start calling her Doctor Case!
- Sarah – Jean inspires me through her humility and transparency. She is able to simultaneously be a strong leader, while also respecting the strong team that she has developed. She is able to articulate the good and the difficult stories of how the foundation has gotten to where it is today. That takes guts and FEARLESSNESS.
- Allie – Jean has inspired me to take to heart the Be Fearless principle, “let urgency conquer fear.” A great boss, and more importantly, a great mentor, Jean has encouraged me to seize opportunities and has believed in me along every step of the way.
- Louise – Jean inspires me by how she continually ‘reaches beyond the bubble’ as we like to say at the Case Foundation. She is a friend to all, embracing folks who hold differing opinions with respect and civility. Because of her genuine care she is able to be a great force in bringing people together to find better solutions to the world’s problems. It’s a wonderful reminder that we can go further if we go together.
- Dave – Jean has taught me that you can learn and grow from your failures, just as much, or maybe even more than your successes.
- Emily – Jean has a curiosity about here that is contagious and always inspires me to go the extra mile.
- Molly – During my time at the Case Foundation I have learned so much from Jean. One important lesson that she has taught me is that you shouldn’t be afraid to speak up and voice your opinion.
- Sean – What inspires me about Jean is her remarkable amount of confidence when speaking to large groups and her ability to command respect and attention when she walks into a room. It is easily apparent that she is genuine in all settings, and I believe that her honest, genuine and respectful nature is a big contributing factor to her ability to work toward finding new solutions to big problems with people of all faiths, political beliefs and backgrounds.
- Erich – Jean has been an inspiration to me to have the confidence to become a subject matter “enthusiast” in as many areas of interest that I can. I have not had been around another individual that can retain and process as much information and provide salient thoughts at the drop of a dime. I want to be more like Jean in her ability to speak with confidence and sincerity on so many subjects.
- Brian – Jean is fearless leader who is absolutely passionate about the use of new ideas and technologies to change the world! She challenges us to take risks – while constantly reminding us to expect some failures along the way to great successes. I am constantly amazed by her tireless energy and drive. These are just a few of the MANY ways that she inspires me on a daily basis.
Have a fearless graduate in your life who inspires you? Please share their story with us on Twitter by using @CaseFoundation.