- Social Media
- Active Citizenship
- Good Giving
- Corporate Responsibility
- Be Fearless
In July, I blogged about the Staples Youth Social Entrepreneurship Competition in partnership with Ashoka and its TEDxYSE follow-up conference. The competition is now closed and its winners were just announced last Monday.
These winners, aged 17 to 24, have demonstrated exceptional drive and leadership in their efforts to effect social change.
Check out the press release for more information on the winners, listed below, who will attend and present their world changing projects in the November 13th conference in Washington, D.C.
- Mohammed Barry, 19, founder of Aid for Smiles
- Shiv Dravid, 24, founder and creator of The Viewspaper
- Rocco Falconer, 22, founder of Planting Promises
- Rebecca Kantar, 18, founding member of Minga
- Ben Lyon, 24, created FrontLineSMS:Credit
- Lamia Oezal, 21, founded DeKische Generation
- Seaon Shin, 19, founded the Global Youth Empowering Movement
- Heather Wilder, 17, founder of Fostering Kids at Work
Congratulations to the winners and all the contest participants doing good in their communities! We look forward to checking out the conference.