- Social Media
- Active Citizenship
- Good Giving
- Corporate Responsibility
- Be Fearless
February 14th is rapidly approaching and like with any gift giving holiday, you have a choice to make! Are you going to go the traditional route and drop your cash on standard red roses and a box of chocolates, or will you give to impress with thoughtful gifts that give back?
If you opt to give AND give back this year, here are ten of my favorite charitable gift ideas to get you started:
- Who doesn't love a charm bracelet? Give this Liz Claiborne Heart Bracelet from the Cause Shoppe and 100% of the profits will benefit St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
- Want to go the traditional route of chocolates and roses but still give back? Check out the Valentine's Day gifts on giftback.com and 10% of every gift will go towards a charity of YOUR choice!
- Does your loved one really have a sweet tooth? Buy them this Valentine's Day Gift Box from Baking for Good and 15% of your purchase will be donated to a cause you choose.
- Is charity enough? If your Valentine isn't the type who needs jewelry or flowers, give her the ultimate gift that gives - a charity gift card. You choose the amount, the recipient chooses the charity. Check out Good Cards from Network for Good or give the gift of giving through GlobalGiving.
- Another place to find great ways to give back in your loved one's name? Check out The Goods from Huffington Post and Causecast. Send a USO care package for a U.S. soldier or provide a week of life-saving meals this Valentine's Day.
- Giving to a music lover, male or female? The iPod nano (PRODUCT) RED is the perfect gift. Proceeds will go directly to the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa.
- Want to buy something charitable and pink? Check out the Breast Cancer Site's Pink Ribbon Store. There are tons of pink items to choose from and proceeds go towards funding mammograms. I love this Live, Love, Laugh Stainless Steel Water Bottle.
- Give a "Heart for Haiti." Donate funds to Haiti through World Neighbors and your loved one will receive a personalized card detailing the donation you made in their name.
- Shop with a purpose through Amnesty International. Amnesty International has tons of great options for Valentine's Day, like this Mother Earth Seed Necklace from Colombia or this Checkered Bracelet for Change.
- Buy a gift from giftsthatgive.com and 20% of your purchase goes back to the school or nonprofit of your choice. Pop open a bottle of bubbly and light this luxurious Champagne candle for the ultimate romantic evening. Buying for your man? Giftsthatgive.com also has an amazing selection of cuff links and ties!
Need more ideas? Check out some of these past blog posts with additional charitable gift ideas for that special someone in your life:
- What are you spending on this Valentine's Day - chocolates or charity?
- Give gifts that give for the special ladies in your life
- 14 Charitable ways to celebrate Valentine's Day
- Give a guy a gift that gives back
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY AND HAPPY GIFT GIVING!!!