- Social Media
- Active Citizenship
- Good Giving
- Corporate Responsibility
- Be Fearless
It has been over a decade since our nation endured one of the most tragic events in our history – the terrorist attacks of 9/11. In this time, Americans have come together stronger than ever, and each year we join one another to commemorate those we lost, those who survived, and those served our country, through our own kind of service.
Eleven years later, 9/11 has become one of the largest volunteer days of the year. Whether you have just an hour, or an entire day to spare, there are many ways for you to honor those affected by 9/11 and to honor our country. We encourage you to stay inspired and check out these opportunities to serve.
- Join the 9/11 Day Movement: Connect with millions who have already paid tribute to September 11th by participating in charitable service and good deeds. Visit the Facebook app and stay informed.
- Through Points of Light: volunteer at the 9/11 Tribute Event with HandsOn Greater DC Cares
- Check out their resources: 9/11 Day Participation Guide for Employers, 9/11 Day Participation Guide for Organizations, and access their 9/11 Day logos, banners and toolkits
- Volunteer with The Mission Continues as they engage veterans, civilians, active-duty service members and military families in service projects nationwide.
- Register a project, find a volunteer opportunity, or utilize resources from United We Serve, an initiative of the Corporation for National & Community Service.
- Like to stay active while you serve? Find a 9/11 Heroes Run near you! Join the Travis Manion Foundation as they run to honor our fallen heroes.
- Commemorate September 11th with the 9/11 Memorial: Utilize their suggestions and tools, such as a downloadable 2012 Commemoration Planning Guide that provides resources for commemorating in communities, schools, through social media, and as an individual.
How will you be serving and remembering this 9/11? Share with us in the comments or on our Facebook page.