- Social Media
- Active Citizenship
- Good Giving
- Corporate Responsibility
- Be Fearless
Thanks to all who participated in today's Gear Up for Giving Ask the Guru Session with Marnie Webb, co-CEO of TechSoup Global. If you missed the live session, you can still get her great advice from the video below.
Here are some key questions that were addressed:
- How can "less glamorous" causes, that don't readily have a pull-at-your-heartstrings appeal, use social media as effectively?
- Much like cause fatigue, are people getting social media fatigue in general?
- How important is it for nonprofits to monitor their brand on social media?
- How should organizations that don't have good technology infrastructure or perhaps don't have steady internet access approach getting involved with social media?
- What are some of the tools and techniques organizations can use to help them "listen" to what is being said about them in social media?
If you didn't see your question addressed or have other ones to ask, you still have three more chances to get them answered during Gear Up for Giving. Our next session is this Thursday with Holly Ross, Executive Director of NTEN. We want to make these sessions as valuable as possible for you, so send us your questions in advance to email@example.com or tweet them using the hashtag #AGC.
Update 9/25/2009: The transcript of Marnie's session is now available!