- Social Media
- Active Citizenship
- Good Giving
- Corporate Responsibility
- Be Fearless
Thanks to everyone who joined our first live Ask the Gurus session, during which Geoff Livingston shared his perspective on how nonprofit professionals and supporters can leverage social media for their cause.
If you weren't able to join our first live Ask the Guru session today, you can watch the video now, and a full transcript of the session will be up in the next few days. Geoff answered lots of great questions from our viewers, like:
- What are a few must-dos for organizations that are just getting started in social media?
- Is Twitter really a proven, effective fundraising tool?
- What are some of the things you consider when trying to figure out the best way to engage your audience on a cause?
- How do I get more followers on Twitter?
- What's a good way to show social media results to my CEO?
- Where do you think social media will be a year from now?
We will be back every Tuesday and Thursday for the next month with our Giving Gurus to answer your questions about social media for social good, so keep sending them to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet them with the hashtag #AGC.
Our next session will be Tuesday September 15, with Katya Andresen and Stacie Mann from Network for Good.
Update 9/23/09: The transcript of Geoff's Q&A session is now available!