- Social Media
- Active Citizenship
- Good Giving
- Corporate Responsibility
- Be Fearless
About the Event
About the Event
In June of 2012, the Case Foundation and the Joyce Foundation, in partnership with the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy and the NASA Center of Excellence for Collaborative Innovation, co-hosted the Collaborative Innovation summit on the use of public sector prizes to spur innovation in the federal government.
The cross-sector event brought together hundreds of federal employees and their counterparts in the private sector and featured informative discussions with White House officials, private-sector representatives, and Federal offices that have experimented with prizes and challenges.
Highlights of the day included: Case Foundation CEO Jean Case's behind the scenes interview of U.S. CTO Todd Park, discussions with innovative organizations like GE healthymagination and the X Prize Foundation, and the Department of Health and Human Services receiving the first Award for Excellence in Advancing PublicSector Prizes and Innovation.
For more on this year's event, take a look at the videos below and the presentations from each session. An to learn moreabout the Case Foundation’s interest in and experience with prizes and challenges, click here.
Select Speakers and Topics
- Jonathan Greenblatt, Director, White House Office of Social Innovation
- Jason Crusan and Jeff Davis, NASA Center of Excellence for Collaborative Innovation
- Cristin Dorgelo, Assistant Director for Grand Challenges, White House Office of Science and Technology Policy
- Karim Lakhani, Assistant Professor, Harvard Business School
- Sara Holoubek, CEO, Luminary Labs — Sanofi-Aventis US Innovation Challenge: Data, Design, Diabetes
- Lisa Kennedy, Ph.D. Director of Strategic Marketing, GE Healthymagination
- Balaji Krishnapuram, Senior Staff Scientist, Seimens Medical Solutions, USA — Seimens Mining Medical Data / KDD Cup
- Peter Levin, Senior Advisor to the Secretary and CTO, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs — Blue Button for All Americans
- Joshua Wyner, Executive Director, College Excellence Program, Aspen Institute — Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence
- Dr. Alok Das, Senior Scientist for Design Innovation, Air Force Research Laboratory — Air Force Pavilion for Prizes
- Raymond Tong, Harvard Berkman Center Research Associate
- Also, learn from many more prize administrators and hear from prize winners