- Social Media
- Active Citizenship
- Good Giving
- Corporate Responsibility
- Be Fearless
We are always looking for energetic and talented college students with a passion for civic engagement and philanthropy to join our team as interns at the Case Foundation. If this sounds like you, please read the job description below!
Applicants with specific interest and experience in marketing, communications, graphic design, web strategies or user interface are preferred.
Internships at the Case Foundation offer college students invaluable resume building work experience and networking opportunities! Not only will Interns work closely with members of the Case Foundation team and have the opportunity to learn about and contribute to many aspects of our business, but they also get to interact with our partner organizations and participate in events that feature leaders in the community.
Interns are a valued part of our team and handle a variety of projects to support the Foundation's mission of investing in big ideas that can change the world. Case Foundation interns learn key philanthropy strategies, marketing and communications skills and are provided ample opportunities to engage with our partners in the nonprofit, government and corporate sectors. They will support our social innovation programs, marketing and communications efforts and office operations on a range of tasks including the following:
- Conduct research and prepare reports on Foundation topics of interest such as Prizes and Challenges, Technology for Social Good and Impact Investing
- Assist with grants management and learn to evaluate grantee agreements and reports
- Help with outreach to nonprofits and external partners for program activities
- Assist with special event planning and organization
- Contribute and help maintain/enhance social media and networking presence
- Write posts for Foundation blog and assist in blogger outreach
- Perform project-specific marketing and communications outreach
- Help build online photo gallery, video and image gallery
- Undergraduate and graduate college students
- Ability to commit at least 15 hours per week (flexible structure, either broken out into 2 or 3 days per week)
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills is a must, as successful candidate will work both internally with Foundation colleagues and externally with applicants and grantees from diverse populations and communities
- Interest in and ability to work in both a team environment and alone with minimal direction
- Demonstrated personal computer skills, including basic troubleshooting and use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and the willingness to learn other software tools
- Demonstrated use and comfort navigating Web 2.0 sites and tools, including blogs, social networks, video and photo sharing, etc.
- Interest in building capacity in underserved communities and championing individuals, nonprofits and social enterprises that connect people, increase giving and catalyze civic action
The Case Foundation internship program offers college students invaluable resume-building work experience and networking opportunities. Interns work closely with members of the Foundation team and have the opportunity to learn and contribute to program building, key topic research, and web and brand development. They interact with our partner organizations and participate in events that feature leaders in the philanthropic and technology communities. All interns have the opportunity to recommend, teach and inspire current and future Foundation programs.
This is an unpaid internship. The Foundation does offer transportation reimbursement.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: “Internship”. We will only contact candidates who will be asked to come in for interviews.