The Case Foundation, created by Jean and Steve Case in 1997, invests in people and ideas that can change the world. The Foundation is in the business of catalyzing movements around social innovation by revolutionizing philanthropy, unleashing entrepreneurship and igniting civic engagement. As we commence our 20th year of work, we are driving at two major movements—impact investing and inclusive entrepreneurship. Within both movements we see boundless potential to get all oars in the water to help solve our most pressing social problems.
The Foundation’s communications and marketing team is seeking a high-energy writer and communications professional with experience in the public relations field to support the team’s work on behalf of the Foundation and the CEO for a three month engagement. Ideal candidates are driven, self-starters with the ability to grasp complex subject matter quickly and work well within small teams. Candidates must possess strong writing skills, experience in managing media relations and/or social media, and ability to formulate creative communications strategies and messages. Experience in media, a PR agency, NGO, association or non-profit is desirable.
- Work with the Marketing and Communications team to support implementation of the Foundation’s overarching communications strategy, with a particular eye on supporting the integration of messaging focused on the 20th anniversary across all foundation platforms and initiatives.
- Work closely with the Foundation’s executive team to develop an ongoing pipeline of originally written and/or curated content (articles, blog posts, opinion pieces) in support of the Foundation’s key areas of interest and Social Innovation team driven movements.
- Conduct research as needed on key topic areas that are aligned with thought leadership initiatives.
- Contribute in team discussions and brainstorms to help generate creative and innovative traditional and non-traditional communication ideas.
- Track best practices and maintain a breadth of knowledge about current trends, emerging issues, policy interventions, and innovations in the Foundation’s areas of focus.
- Maintain weekly clips, speaking opportunities and conference calendar; assist in development of preparation materials for key executives’ speaking appearances.
- Craft social media content for use across the Foundation’s various online platforms.
- Support the monitoring and reporting of the Foundation’s communications efforts through analytics measurement.
- Pitch proactive stories and content pieces on behalf of the Foundation, its CEO and internal leadership; maintain and update media lists.
The Manager, Communications should ideally possess the following professional qualifications and personal attributes:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Confidence and enthusiasm when communicating to both external partners and the internal project team in both formal and informal presentations.
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach to work, including the humility and grace to work effectively with others in a collaborative, fast-paced environment, a “can do” attitude.
- An eye towards opportunity; savvy around cultural and news events and happenings.
- High level of energy and self-motivation.
- Excellent at leveraging social media and other innovative technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience.
- Passion for social innovation with depth of knowledge in field, including philanthropy, nonprofit organizations, corporate social responsibility, social enterprise, etc.
- Experience with media databases and Excel spreadsheets.
To apply, please click HERE.