About the Case Foundation:
Established by digital pioneers Jean and Steve Case, the Case Foundation invests in people and ideas that can change the world. For nearly two decades, we have focused on creating programs and investing in people and organizations that harness the best impulses of entrepreneurship, innovation, technology and collaboration to address urgent social challenges. Our work is focused on three key pillars: revolutionizing the philanthropic sector, unleashing the power of entrepreneurship to create social change and igniting civic engagement through citizen-driven solutions.
About Revolution LLC:
Launched by Steve Case in 2005, Revolution invests in people and ideas that can change the world. The company’s mission is to give people more choice, control and convenience in the important aspects of their lives – and build significant companies in the process.
About the Role:
Want to spend your day playing with the latest technology? Be truly innovative and experiment with out of the box ideas??
We are seeking a talented web development professional to help direct strategy, build new innovations and support the online properties for two exciting organizations: the Case Foundation and Revolution LLC.
The Director of Creative Technology is part of the Interactive Strategies Team, and will report to the Senior Vice President, Strategic Operations. This role will lead technical strategy, interactive campaign development and the digital execution for the Foundation’s programs and movements. This person will work closely with executive, communications and programmatic teams to provide technical oversight and solution architecture direction to drive the strategic vision for interactive work. This role needs to be someone who understands the linkage between strategy, user experience and technology.
In addition, this role will be responsible for all technical aspects of the Foundation’s online properties, will help to maintain the existing web and mobile infrastructure and developing new campaigns.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following three strengths:
- Lead the teams in assessing digital needs, defining solutions and prioritizing features, taking into consideration technology, budget and timelines.
- Work with team leads to develop scopes of work based on strategic vision and business needs.
- Oversee analytics platform development, as managed by the associate web producer, to efficiently and consistently generate reports for programs and content.
- Think strategically and be open-minded in evaluating ways to approach and execute social media strategies and interactive technology.
- Recommend innovations; anticipate the future direction of the technology and how it can impact strategy. Monitor trends and technical developments in consumer online spaces, both non- and for-profit.
- Develop and execute strategies and processes to combine open source code with new social media and interactive technology.
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with other departments, groups, partners and peers.
- Manage workload, growth and development of Associate Web Producer.
User Experience and Creative Direction:
- Ensure user experience deliverables, including site maps and wireframes, meet the goals.
- Lead an iterative process of visual concept development and prototyping, while gathering user and stakeholder feedback.
- Working collaboratively with team members and the associate web producer to develop best practices and user-centered design approaches based on testing that fit the Foundation brand identity.
- Oversee metric insights and outcomes for user experience testing, as managed by the associate web producer.
- Lead design quality assurance.
Development and Technical Project Management:
- Design, develop and execute new technologies and campaigns using open source technologies.
- Oversee server management and development operations.
- Lead internal teams and external partners with overall responsibility for technology architecture.
- Write functional specifications for web and mobile programs and campaigns.
- Guide contract technical teams to ensure functional requirements are met.
- Review and ensure major architectural designs are consistent, maintainable, flexible and cost effective.
- Establish, facilitate and maintain standard application architecture patterns, roadmaps and best practices.
- Support existing web properties in WordPress and Drupal.
- Document and implement enhancements, features and maintenance requests.
- Oversee quality assurance testing and bug fixes.
The Director of Creative Technology should ideally possess the following professional qualifications and personal attributes:
- A strong design to experiment with new technologies.
- A solid understanding of user experience and web architectures is a must.
- Proven leadership role in web-based application development.
- Ability to think through an interaction and communicate it to potential users, teams and stakeholders through sketches, mood boards, design comps, wireframes or prototypes.
- Proven experience in responsive design and technologies.
- Knowledge and prior use of Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Office; strong experience with social media tools and analytics tools such as Google Analytics; email marketing tools such as MailChimp.
- Strong working development experience with WordPress, familiarity with Drupal.
- Experience with hosting, including Amazon EC2 servers and S3 storage, and Pantheon.
- Ability to communicate (through presentation, written and verbal communications) key concepts, solutions and ideas to a wide variety of audiences.
- Provide thought leadership in the tech for good space.
- Superb organizational and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to diplomatically prioritize demands.
- Ability to distill requirements from a community of experts. Consensus-building needed!
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure and to utilize strong organizational skills when faced with multiple time-sensitive priorities – a willingness to “roll-up sleeves” and personally handle all aspects of position.
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach to work, including the humility and grace to work effectively with others in a collaborative workplace.
- High energy level, self-motivated.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree a plus. Computer Science or Technology degree preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant experience with development for WordPress and/or Drupal, or experience in PHP, Python, Node or Ruby.
- Experience with frontend frameworks preferred.
- Understanding of and experience working with or within the social innovation field, including philanthropy, nonprofit organizations, corporate social responsibility, social enterprise is a plus.
To apply, please submit your resume and portfolio to Will Caggiano: email@example.com