The Interactive Strategies internship position at the Case Foundation offers college students and recent graduates the opportunity to gain valuable digital experience from a technological, user experience, project management and strategy perspective, while working closely with our digital strategy team towards the Foundation’s larger programmatic goals. Interactive Strategy interns will have the unique chance to experiment with new technologies and techniques, while honing their skills in website content management and development, analytics, user experience, design and social media analysis.
The Interactive Strategies team is integral to the success of the Case Foundation’s marketing and programmatic objectives, meaning the Interactive Strategies interns will get to work at the cross section of all three teams.
Interns are a valued part of the team and will have responsibilities that reflect the goals of the Foundation, the goals of their unique team and the daily office needs:
- Work closely with the Interactive Strategies team through the creative UX and design process of new digital projects.
- Assist with Case Foundation’s online photo gallery, video gallery and image search needs.
- Post and update content on casefoundation.org and supporting properties.
- Assist with development strategy and execution on projects.
- Capture and analyze website analytics and insights.
- Provide administrative support, when needed (including data entry, filing, mass mailings, schedule coordination and taking and preparing meeting notes).
- Conduct research, preparing reports and drafting posts for the Case Foundation blog.
- Assist with special event planning and organization.
- Current undergraduate and graduate students.
- Ability to commit to a minimum of 20 hours per week – preference for 30 hours.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills are a must. A successful candidate will work both internally with Foundation colleagues and externally with partners and Case Foundation guests from diverse populations and communities.
- Interest in and ability to work in both a team environment and alone with minimal direction.
- Interest in capacity building in underserved communities and championing individuals, nonprofits and social enterprises that connect people, increase giving and catalyze civic action.
- Proficiency in Adobe CS – Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign, layout design, typography and color theory are a plus.
- Working knowledge of photography best practices (cropping, image saving, formatting).
- Interest in problem solving through UX and design, experience and understanding wire framing is a plus.
- Familiarity or interest in learning about analytics and good storytelling through data, experience with Google Analytics or Clicky is a plus.
- Proficient in presentation software (keynote, powerpoint, etc.)
- Familiarity with content management systems, experience with WordPress or Drupal is a plus.
This internship is paid or for credit through an accredited university program; additionally, the Case Foundation offers transportation reimbursement.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: “Internship.” In your cover letter, please outline your interest in the Case Foundation and what you hope to gain from this internship experience. We will only contact candidates who will be asked for interviews. No phone calls please.
The Case Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.