The marketing and communications internship at the Case Foundation offers students and recent graduates a unique and invaluable resume building work experience and networking opportunities!
Not only do our interns work closely with members of the Case Foundation team, giving them the opportunity to learn about and contribute to many aspects of philanthropic strategy, they also get to meet and interact with our partner organizations and participate in events featuring our sector leaders.
Interns are a valued part of our team and are responsible for handling a variety of projects in support of the Case Foundation’s mission to invest in big ideas that can change the world. They support our programs, social media strategy and office operations, completing a range of tasks, which include:
- Conducting research, preparing reports and summarizing content for team members.
- Drafting posts for publication on the Case Foundation website.
- Assisting with briefing documents, news clippings and social media messaging.
- Assisting with special event planning and organization.
- Performing project-specific marketing and communications outreach.
- Assisting with our online photo gallery, video gallery and image search needs.
- Identifying marketing and communication trends.
- Attending events on behalf of the Foundation and reporting back to the team.
- Providing administrative support, when needed (including data entry, filing, mass mailings, schedule coordination and taking and preparing meeting notes)
- Current undergraduate students, graduate students or recent graduates.
- Ability to commit to a minimum of 20 hours per week (flexible structure, divided 3 or 4 days per week).
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills are a must. A successful candidate will work both internally with Foundation colleagues and externally with applicants and grantees from diverse populations and communities.
- Interest in and ability to work in both a team environment and alone with minimal direction.
- Demonstrate basic computer skills, including use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and the willingness to learn other software tools.
- Demonstrate use and comfort navigating innovative and trend-setting sites and tools, including blogs, social networks, video and photo sharing, etc.
- Interest in capacity building in underserved communities and championing individuals, nonprofits and social enterprises that connect people, increase giving and catalyze civic action.
- Familiarity with content management systems, experience with WordPress or Drupal is a plus.
This internship is paid or for credit through an accredited university program; additionally, the Case Foundation offers transportation reimbursement.
The Case Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com, using the subject line: “Internship.” In your cover letter, please outline your interest in the Case Foundation and what you hope to gain from this internship experience. We will only contact candidates who will be asked for interviews. No phone calls please.