Interns are a valued part of our team and are responsible for handling a variety of projects in support of the Case Foundation’s mission to invest in big ideas that can change the world. They complete a range of tasks in support our programs, marketing and communications strategy and office operations.
Not only do Case Foundation interns work closely with members of the Case Foundation team, giving them the opportunity to learn about and contribute to many aspects of philanthropic strategy, they also get to meet and interact with our partner organizations and participate in events featuring sector leaders.
As the podcast production intern you will be helping to develop a series of podcasts alongside expert storytellers and podcasting professionals in part by exploring Foundation archives and conducting research in the field. This internship offers students and recent graduates an exciting way to gain highly sought-after resume-building experience and offers invaluable and unique networking opportunities!
- Curating background information for each podcast
- Identifying and investigating stories worth pursuing further
- Researching story and project ideas
- Conducting research on potential guests and booking potential guests
- Editing audio
- Preparing potential interview questions
- Assisting in recording sessions
- Minimal logging and transcribing audio
- Assisting with recording and editing interviews
- Keeping the team informed of other substantive audience comments/questions
- Identifying marketing and communication trends related to podcast promotion and distribution
- Assisting with image search needs
- Performing project-specific marketing and communications outreach
- Drafting blog posts based on podcasts for publication on the Case Foundation website
- Preparing reports and summarizing content for team members
- Providing administrative support, when needed (including data entry, filing, mass mailings, schedule coordination and taking and preparing meeting notes)
- Current undergraduate students, graduate students or recent graduates
- Ability to commit to a minimum of 20 hours per week for one year
- A passion for storytelling
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Experience working in a newsroom or radio station, or otherwise producing a podcast series, editing audio and/or experience packaging content that looks great on digital platforms is a plus
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills are a must
- Interest in and ability to work in both a team environment and alone with minimal direction
- Interest in social innovation, philanthropy, capacity building in underserved communities and championing individuals, nonprofits and social enterprises that connect people, increase giving and catalyze civic action.
This internship is paid or for credit through an accredited university program; additionally, the Case Foundation offers transportation reimbursement.
The Case Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com, using the subject line: “Internship.” In your cover letter, please outline your interest in the Case Foundation and what you hope to gain from this internship experience. We will only contact candidates who will be asked for interviews. No phone calls please.