- Social Media
- Active Citizenship
- Good Giving
- Corporate Responsibility
- Be Fearless
VIVANISTA IS THE GO-TO COMMUNITY FOR PHILANTHROPIC LIVING AND GIVING. Vivanista serves nonprofit professionals, volunteers, event chairs, board members, students, parents and social entrepreneurs from all walks of life, all with the common goal of...
by The Case Foundation
At the Case Foundation we are champions of all strategies that put citizens at the center of decision-making and empower them to take charge of the institutions that serve them and the problems that affect them. We launched this series, Citizen-...
5 Fast Facts
- Volunteers gave more than 8.1 billion hours, worth an estimated $169 billion
- Women volunteered at higher rates than men and working mothers have the highest volunteer rates.
- In 2008 and 2009 nearly 60% of citizens reached out to help their neighbors at least once a month, and 1 in 6 do so almost every day.
- 89% of Americans site they sit down to dinner with members of their households several times each week. Nearly 3 in 4 discuss political affairs with their families and friends at least once a month
- 63.4 million Americans volunteered in 2009, a jump of 1.6 million over 2008 (and the biggest spike in volunteering since 2003).