- Social Media
- Active Citizenship
- Good Giving
- Corporate Responsibility
- Be Fearless
Submitted by drupal on 8 December 2010 - 7:22am
"The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize." This quote from Olympia Dukakis' character in the movie Steel Magnolias motivates me every time I try to assemble the same old clothes into a fresh look. But, what if...
by Jamie Carayiannis
Guest blogger Jamie Carayiannis is an intern with the Case Foundation. It’s that time of year again, Father’s Day! If your dad is anything like mine, and insists that he doesn’t need or want anything, then you know how difficult finding a gift for...
by Jean Case
We're excited to share with you today the America's Giving Challenge Assessment and Reflection Report, authored by Beth Kanter and Allison Fine. When the Case Foundation team launched our first online Giving Challenge in December of 2007, to test a...
by Abbas Jaffer
Some commentators are calling Youtube the new Google. From instructional videos to drama-soaked karaoke performances, video content on the web has become much more accessible and democratic. To successfully leverage video in your causes and...
by Max Wallace
Guest blogger Max Wallace is the CEO of Accelerate Brain Cancer Cure (ABC2), a Case Foundation partner organization and co-beneficiary of today's Race for Hope, DC. We are all so excited about the wonderfully successful Race for Hope held here in...
5 Fast Facts
- Volunteers gave more than 8.1 billion hours, worth an estimated $169 billion
- Women volunteered at higher rates than men and working mothers have the highest volunteer rates.
- In 2008 and 2009 nearly 60% of citizens reached out to help their neighbors at least once a month, and 1 in 6 do so almost every day.
- 89% of Americans site they sit down to dinner with members of their households several times each week. Nearly 3 in 4 discuss political affairs with their families and friends at least once a month
- 63.4 million Americans volunteered in 2009, a jump of 1.6 million over 2008 (and the biggest spike in volunteering since 2003).