- Social Media
- Active Citizenship
- Good Giving
- Corporate Responsibility
- Be Fearless
Submitted by drupal on 8 December 2010 - 10:22am
“To tackle today’s big and ever-changing social challenges; we have to take risks, be bold, and fail forward. We have to Be Fearless.” –The Case Foundation These are the wise words of key note speaker and The Excellence in Entrepreneurship Award...
by Fast Company
The target donor for the arts used to be an older, wealthy dude wearing an ascot. Today, it’s a young whippersnapper wearing a $300 flannel shirt, who doesn’t like classical music and who prefers street art over museums. As a recent (and...
by CSR Wire
My experiences as a fundraiser for several major health causes over my career support a truth that we all know: the way we give has greatly evolved over the past few decades. Today, the rise of employee programs has brought with it a powerful way...
The sustainable certification organization has released a ranking of the companies that do the best on its assessments, from solar power to investment advice to Afghan telecoms.
There's a trend in the startup world toward combining business and smartphone apps with altruistic goals. At a recent hackathon, where tech developers get together to create new apps and programs in a short amount of time, about a dozen University...
Each year on the fourth Monday in February, the corporate giving community, led by CECP, observes International Corporate Philanthropy Day (ICPD), an international advocacy day intended to build awareness of corporate-community partnerships and to...
I’ll volunteer that I’m a big fan of the Taproot Foundation, an organization that’s been an instrumental player in the pro bono movement in 2001 and has been steering the way ever since (matter of fact, I’m a new board member of the organization)....
by guest blogger: Scott Case
January 31st marked the two-year anniversary of the Startup America Partnership. And, today, nearly 50 leaders from the 30 Startup Regions will be in Washington to celebrate their success, strategize about challenges, and converse with our partners...
by CSR Now!
These trends, which have been evolving over the past several years, are now so prevalent in the workplace and the media that they barely warrant attention or repetition – although there is, of course, always progress to be made. My five CSR trends...
by New York Times Opinionator
At times, it can be hard to believe that progress is happening. Most of our news focuses on problems, not creative responses to them. Moreover, in the wake of the presidential campaign, we are acutely aware of the bitter divisions that hamstring...
by CRS Now
The week before Hurricane Sandy turned the East Coast upside down, American Express and other companies joined the Taproot Foundation in celebrating Pro Bono Week. We participated by hosting a Scope-a-thon, an effort to engage our...
by Jean Case
Since launching the Be Fearless campaign at the Case Foundation earlier this year, I’ve had the true privilege of sharing the Be Fearless principles with audiences across the nation. The five principles that comprise Be Fearless were born out of...
5 Fast Facts
- US corporations contributed $14.10 billion to charitable giving, 4% of the nation’s total charitable giving (2009, GivingUSA)
- 66% of people globally believe it is no longer enough for corporations to simply give money away to a good cause; they need to integrate good causes into their day-to-day business.
- 90% of consumers – more than 278 million people in the US - want to know what companies are doing to benefit causes. (Cone)
- A company’s commitment to social and environmental issues influences which companies consumers want to see doing business in their communities (79%), where to work (69%) and which stocks or mutual funds to invest in (59%). (Cone)
- Employees who are very involved in their company’s cause program are 28% more likely to be proud of their company’s values and 36% more likely to feel a strong sense of loyalty than those who are not involved. (Cone)