- Social Media
- Active Citizenship
- Good Giving
- Corporate Responsibility
- Be Fearless
Submitted by drupal on 8 December 2010 - 10:22am
News from the Case Foundation and what people are talking about this week in the world of giving, tech and everything in between. Assessment & Reflection on 2009 America's Giving Challenge Yesterday, we were very excited to publish the 2009...
by Justin Gimotea
The conversation of pro bono from the legal sector has caught fire in the corporate sector during the last two years as corporations look for new ways to positively impact the nonprofit sector. The increasing number of corporations seeking out...
Earlier this week, corporate philanthropy and social responsibility took center stage at yet another sold-out annual Corporate Philanthropy Summit, organized by the Committee Encouraging Corporate Philanthropy. While the broad theme of the...
by Evan Hochberg
This post was also published on the Chamber of Commerce's BCLC Blog. Earlier this week, we released the findings from the 2010 Deloitte Volunteer IMPACT Survey. I believe that the data offers great news and tremendous promise, especially to those...
Last week, Matthew Bishop, New York bureau chief of the Economist and co-author of The Road from Ruin and Philanthrocapitialism, brought together the best minds in corporate social responsibility (CSR) for the Economist's Corporate Citizenship...
The next ten days will be busy ones for several of the Case Foundation team members as we hit the road for a couple of key conferences. First up is WeMedia in Miami from March 9-11, which brings together a range of professionals in the media,...
News from the Case Foundation and what people are talking about this week in the world of giving, tech and everything in between. Submit your nonprofit video to the DoGooder awards! We are excited to be a supporter of the DoGooder awards,...
by Charles Moore
Today, on International Corporate Philanthropy Day, the Committee Encouraging Corporate Philanthropy is challenging its membership of over 150 leading corporate CEOs to take the uncomfortable step of thinking about what the world—and environment for...
This week, Target announced its newest charitable giving initiative taking place on Facebook, launched for Valentine's Day. Similar to the campaign it launched last May, when the retailer asked its Facebook fans to help decide how it would divvy up...
This season's issue of the Committee Encouraging Corporate Philanthropy (CECP)'s publication, The Corporate Philanthropist, is out and available online and in PDF. Each issue focuses on different areas of corporate philanthropy, and this current...
Last night was a big night for corporate citizenship, as the US Chamber of Commerce Business Civic Leadership Center awarded their annual Corporate Citizenship Awards to businesses that have exemplified ethical leadership and corporate stewardship....
5 Fast Facts
- US corporations contributed $14.10 billion to charitable giving, 4% of the nation’s total charitable giving (2009, GivingUSA)
- 66% of people globally believe it is no longer enough for corporations to simply give money away to a good cause; they need to integrate good causes into their day-to-day business.
- 90% of consumers – more than 278 million people in the US - want to know what companies are doing to benefit causes. (Cone)
- A company’s commitment to social and environmental issues influences which companies consumers want to see doing business in their communities (79%), where to work (69%) and which stocks or mutual funds to invest in (59%). (Cone)
- Employees who are very involved in their company’s cause program are 28% more likely to be proud of their company’s values and 36% more likely to feel a strong sense of loyalty than those who are not involved. (Cone)