- Social Media
- Active Citizenship
- Good Giving
- Corporate Responsibility
- Be Fearless
Submitted by drupal on 8 December 2010 - 10:22am
Last week, Matthew Bishop, New York bureau chief of the Economist and co-author of The Road from Ruin and Philanthrocapitialism, brought together the best minds in corporate social responsibility (CSR) for the Economist's Corporate Citizenship...
The next ten days will be busy ones for several of the Case Foundation team members as we hit the road for a couple of key conferences. First up is WeMedia in Miami from March 9-11, which brings together a range of professionals in the media,...
News from the Case Foundation and what people are talking about this week in the world of giving, tech and everything in between. Submit your nonprofit video to the DoGooder awards! We are excited to be a supporter of the DoGooder awards,...
by Charles Moore
Today, on International Corporate Philanthropy Day, the Committee Encouraging Corporate Philanthropy is challenging its membership of over 150 leading corporate CEOs to take the uncomfortable step of thinking about what the world—and environment for...
This week, Target announced its newest charitable giving initiative taking place on Facebook, launched for Valentine's Day. Similar to the campaign it launched last May, when the retailer asked its Facebook fans to help decide how it would divvy up...
This season's issue of the Committee Encouraging Corporate Philanthropy (CECP)'s publication, The Corporate Philanthropist, is out and available online and in PDF. Each issue focuses on different areas of corporate philanthropy, and this current...
Last night was a big night for corporate citizenship, as the US Chamber of Commerce Business Civic Leadership Center awarded their annual Corporate Citizenship Awards to businesses that have exemplified ethical leadership and corporate stewardship....
by Josh Tabb
As founder and CEO of Sozo Firm, Andrew Jensen provides corporations and nonprofits with web marketing efficiency consultation. Through advising on issues ranging from search engine strategy to website usability, he enjoys helping nonprofits...
by Michael Hoffman
Guest blogger Michael Hoffman, CEO of See 3 Communications, is a leading authority in online video for nonprofits and a long-time consultant to nonprofit leaders on online fundraising and outreach strategies. There is something magical about video...
by Josh Tabb
Dr. Ana Aspras Steele is the Executive President of Dalit Freedom Network (DFN), an organization dedicated to bringing an end to the injustices perpetrated against the Dalit people of India. In the 110th Session of Congress, she led efforts that...
5 Fast Facts
- US corporations contributed $14.10 billion to charitable giving, 4% of the nation’s total charitable giving (2009, GivingUSA)
- 66% of people globally believe it is no longer enough for corporations to simply give money away to a good cause; they need to integrate good causes into their day-to-day business.
- 90% of consumers – more than 278 million people in the US - want to know what companies are doing to benefit causes. (Cone)
- A company’s commitment to social and environmental issues influences which companies consumers want to see doing business in their communities (79%), where to work (69%) and which stocks or mutual funds to invest in (59%). (Cone)
- Employees who are very involved in their company’s cause program are 28% more likely to be proud of their company’s values and 36% more likely to feel a strong sense of loyalty than those who are not involved. (Cone)