The Case Foundation, created by digital pioneers Jean and Steve Case, invests in people and ideas that can change the world. The Foundation’s work embraces a more fearless approach to seek to spur innovation, bring about transformational breakthroughs and harnesses the best impulses of entrepreneurship, innovation, technology and collaboration to drive exponential impact. In particular, we focus on catalyzing movements. Today we are driving at two major movements—impact investing and inclusive entrepreneurship. And as a movement catalyzer, we are taking a fearless approach to social innovation to tip individuals and organizations from good intention to meaningful action. Within both movements we see boundless potential to get all oars in the water to help solve our most pressing social problems.
The Digital Marketing and Communications Senior Associate is a core contributor to the Foundation’s Marketing and Communications team, which seeks to raise awareness about the Foundation’s work and engage with both consumers and thought leaders around the topics we care about – from expanding giving and deepening individual and business engagement with communities, to leveraging technology in the nonprofit sector.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications, the Digital Marketing and Communications Senior Associate is responsible for directly engaging with the Foundation’s online communities—whether through the Foundation’s website, email list or various social media channels. S/he will be an integral part of the Foundation’s efforts to reach a broad online audience with the ultimate goal of engaging core audiences to become more involved with the Foundation and its mission. In addition, this position will play a significant role in creating online thought leadership in key topic areas such as civic engagement, inclusive entrepreneurship, impact investing, fearless changemaking and social media for social good.
- Work with the Marketing and Communications team to support implementation of the Foundation’s overarching communications strategy.
- Work closely with the Foundation’s executive team to develop an ongoing pipeline of originally written and/or curated content (articles, blog posts, opinion pieces) in support of the Foundation’s key areas of interest, including book related outreach and the Social Innovation team driven movements.
- Maintain and execute the Foundation’s editorial calendar (includes blogs, photography, graphics, content partnerships, etc.) and work with the full team to ensure content is produced and published in a timely and accurate manner.
- Serve as primary communications representative on behalf of the Foundation using social media platforms, including: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and others.
- Create communications strategy plans and content for social communities to support daily online community engagement, weekly public facing newsletters, episodic information sharing and support for major initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Sr. Director of Marketing and Communications on the creation and execution of digital community engagement campaigns.
- Develop strategy plans and manage online ad buys for the Foundation on various digital properties including Twitter, Facebook and Google Ad Words accounts (and any others as needed).
- Lead development of email marketing strategy and content and work closely with the Sr. Director of Marketing and Communications on email marketing strategies.
- Track best practices and maintain a breadth of knowledge about current trends, emerging issues, policy interventions, and innovations in the Foundation’s areas of focus. Develop and continuously research/analyze online community engagement efforts to ensure the highest return on investment and improve efficiency and impact.
- Work with the Interactive Strategies team to review social, email and web tracking statistics, analytics and metrics to make recommendations for improving impact.
- Contribute in team discussions and brainstorms to help generate creative and innovative traditional and non-traditional communication ideas.
- Maintain weekly clips, speaking opportunities and conference calendar; assist in development of preparation materials for key executives’ speaking appearances.
- Pitch proactive stories and content pieces on behalf of the Foundation, its CEO and internal leadership; maintain and update media lists.
The Digital Marketing and Communications Senior Associate should ideally possess the following professional qualifications and personal attributes:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in leveraging social networking and other online community-related tools and content, and an enthusiasm for experimenting with new communications technologies.
- Confidence and enthusiasm when communicating to both external partners and the internal project teams in both formal and informal presentations.
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach to work, including the humility and grace to work effectively with others in a collaborative workplace, or independently as needed with a “can do” attitude.
- Has an eye towards opportunity; savvy around cultural and news events and happenings.
- Possess a high level of energy; be self-motivated.
- Knowledge and prior use of Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Office; social media tools such as Tweetdeck, Sprout Social, Facebook Pages, Instagram, Tumblr, Wikipedia; analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Simply Measured; email marketing tools such as MailChimp. Knowledge of HTML and WordPress is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with media databases and Excel spreadsheets
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience.
- Passion for social innovation and a drive to change the world.
- Experience in nonprofit organizations, corporate social responsibility, social enterprise, etc. a plus.
To apply, please click HERE.