2016 was a year of significant travel and events for the Case Foundation team. In June, MCON came to Washington, DC, for the first year (and will be here again in 2017). We debuted our upcoming Network Map at SOCAP, while our CEO Jean Case took the stage at the Mashable Social Good Summit with Shazi Visram of Happy Family to discuss the changing face of entrepreneurship and launch of our #FacesOfFounders campaign. We took #FacesOfFounders on the road throughout the Fall, photographing hundreds of entrepreneurs at events like Forbes 30 Under 30, Google Demo Day, SOCAP and the White House’s first ever SXSL event. Jean and our executive team spoke at gatherings across the globe—from the Fortune’s Most Powerful Summit, Independent Sector, POPTech, the Council on Foundation and UBS’s Philanthropy Forum. Finally, Jean’s talk at TedXMidAtlantic brought many of the elements of the Foundation’s Inclusive Entrepreneurship movement together as she argues there is a tremendous opportunity to seize by expanding access to capital by investing in women and entrepreneurs of color. She urged all to join in on building an inclusive entrepreneurial ecosystem that would give everyone an equal chance at unlocking the American Dream.
As we celebrate the Case Foundation’s 20th Anniversary year, we’re more excited than ever to keep hitting the road and to see how people are planning to #GetInTheArena at events and conferences across the country. We value our time at each event, not only to share our learnings and bolster the movements we aim to catalyze through our work, but also to learn from the dynamic slate of speakers who take the stage and engage with fellow attendees that are changemakers in so many sectors. We thrive on the energy we witness from the road and are excited to embark on new journeys this year. We hope to meet many of you at these events!
Below, our team has put together the top 20 conferences of 2017 that we are most excited about. Tell us on Twitter where you will be and the conferences that are on your radar at @CaseFoundation.
These first two events have already occurred, but keep them on your radar for next year:
- MAKERS conference – February 6-8th — Rancho Palos Verdes, California: This conference brings together trailblazing leaders, inviting everyone to #BeBold, elevate the conversation and raise challenges and solutions through action-oriented sessions. The conference shines a light on issues ranging from violence against women to inclusion of men. This year’s speakers included activist Gloria Steinem and Re/Code’s Kara Swisher. Details HERE.
- Duke Conference on Sustainable Business & Social Impact – February 8th – Durham, North Carolina: Our CEO Jean Case took the stage as the closing day speaker at the SBSI conference. Each year the gathering unites the private, public and social sectors to discuss innovative ways to create lasting social and environmental impact. Also taking the stage was Jennifer Pryce of the Calvert Foundation and Teju Ravilochan of the Unreasonable Institute. Details HERE.
We hope to see you this year at the conferences below:
- The Economist Innovation Summit – February 28 – Chicago, Illinois: On stage, Economist editors ask searching questions as Fortune 500 CEOs, policymakers and disruptive entrepreneurs share their insights and strategies for success in this coming world of constant exponential change. Details HERE.
- IncGrowCo – May 9 – New Orleans, Louisiana: Our chairman Steve Case will take the stage at this year’s gathering where other speakers like Kevin O’Leary of Shark Tank, Sheryl Sandberg of Facebook and more will share their bold ideas, new thought processes and proven strategies that can help elevate startups. Details HERE.
- Black Enterprise Women of Power – March 9-12 – Phoenix, Arizona: This conference is a professional leadership gathering designed especially for executive women of color. Speakers like Elaine Welteroth of Teen Vogue and Ursula Burns Chairman of Xerox Corp and more will take the stage. Details HERE.
- DENT – March 19-22 – Sun Valley, Idaho: DENT brings together CEOS, executive directors, entrepreneurs, scientists and political leaders who are driven to become more effective leaders and dent the universe. Speakers this year include Markos Moulitas Zuniga from Daily Kos and Microsoft’s Curtis Wong. Details HERE.
- SXSW – March 10-19 – Austin, Texas: One of the most exciting times of the year, this year the Case Foundation’s entire team will head to Austin for the Interactive portion of the conference. Our CEO Jean Case will take the stage in a talk and fireside chat moderated by Reena Ninan of CBS News on the changing face of entrepreneurship. And chairman Steve Case will join a co-fireside with Beth Comstock of GE in a conversation on the Third Wave: a period in which entrepreneurs will use technology to revolutionize major sectors—healthcare, manufacturing, education and food—and transform the way we live. With another six Case Foundation sessions, this year’s six-day gathering will be jammed packed. Details HERE.
- Nonprofit Technology Conference – March 23-25 — Washington, D.C.: The Nonprofit Technology Conference (NTC) is the nonprofit sector’s signature technology event joining 2,000 of the best and brightest nonprofit professionals from around the world. Details HERE.
- Women in the World Summit – April 20 – New York City, New York: This is a forum for women entrepreneurs, founders and risk-takers who share their stories of the rewards and challenges of starting and running a business. Dynamic speakers like Hillary Clinton, Angelina Jolie, Diane von Furstenberg, Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan, Oprah Winfrey and more have taken the stage in previous years so you can bet there will be an all-star line up this year! Details HERE.
- Milken Institute Global Conference 2017 – April 30- May 3 – Los Angeles, California: The Global Conference convenes some of the world’s most extraordinary philanthropists, billionaires and changemakers who explore solutions to today’s most pressing challenges in financial markets, industry sectors, health, government and education. 3,500attendees from more than 60 countries and 700 speakers will unite. Details HERE.
- Vanity Fair Founder’s Fair – April 20 – New York City, New York: Building on the success of the Vanity Fair New Establishment Summit, the editors of Vanity Fair are launching a new conference focused on women entrepreneurs. Founders Fair will bring together ambitious risk-takers to share their experiences and to help encourage and support female founders. Details HERE.
- Impact Capitalism – April 25-27 – Chicago, Illinois: Impact Capitalism gathers investors who are mainstreaming Impact Investing. Over 300 family offices, asset managers and fund managers representing over $150 billion in investable assets take part. Details HERE.
- TED2017: The Future You – April 24-28 — Vancouver, British Columbia: TED is a week designed to explore the deepest scientific and psychological insights, the latest medical advances, the neatest inventions, all mixed with a dose of ancient wisdom, to ask the questions about ourselves that we often don’t have time for. Note: the event is SOLD OUT for 2017, but keep it on your radar for next year! Details HERE.
- Forbes Under 30 – April 2-6 —Tel Aviv and Jerusalem: The Under 30 Summit has always been in a class of its own—with four days of motivating panels, pitch contests, philanthropy, music and food festivals, parties and uniting 7,000 young entrepreneurs and game changers. Details HERE.
- Black Enterprise Entrepreneurs Summit – May 17-20 – Houston, Texas: This 22nd annual event brings together the BE 100s—the nation’s largest black owned businesses with combined revenues over $40 billion who share their leadership and business lessons for entrepreneurs of color. Details HERE.
- ReCode Code Conference – May 30-June 1 – Rancho Palos Verdes, California: The invitation-only conference brings together the most influential leaders for in-depth conversations about the current and future impact of digital technology. Details HERE.
- Tech Crunch Disrupt – May 15-17 and September 18-20 – New York and San Francisco: Tech Crunch dubs itself as the leading authority for debuting revolutionary startups. Check out their on-stage interviews, the Startup Battlefield competition, a 24-hour Hackathon, Startup Alley, Hardware Alley and multitude of after parties. Details HERE.
- National Center for Family Philanthropy Forum – October 18-19 – Washington, D.C.: Brings philanthropic families and leadership staff of family foundations together for two and a half days of networking and thought provoking conversations led by the greatest thought leaders in family giving. Our CEO Jean Case will take the stage in a fireside discussion this Fall. Details HERE.
- Communications Network – September 27-29 – Miami, Florida: This is the premier global leadership gathering of foundation and nonprofit communications leaders committed to building a better world through the smart and deliberate use of strategic communications. More than 700 PR professionals come together to connect, learn and share. Details HERE.
- Fast Company Innovation Festival – Dates TBA – New York City, New York: A gathering that brings extraordinary personalities together for insightful talks, workshops, performances and behind-the-scenes tours of the hottest startups designed to inspire creativity. Details HERE.
Bonus: Also check out MCON, SOCAP, Skoll World Forum, Fortune Most Powerful Next Gen, PopTech, the Wall Street Journal’s Digital Live, Net Impact, Confluence Philanthropy, Wharton Social Impact Conference, Mission Investors Exchange Annual Summit, and the Aspen Ideas Festival.
HAVE YOU ENJOYED THIS BLOG POST?
Sign up for emails from
The Case Foundation
Be the first to know about conferences we’re following, events, announcements about our programs and more, and get our weekly newsletter Breaking Good for all the latest breaking news in social good.