Those of us charged with finding or funding solutions to social challenges — philanthropists, government, nonprofits — seem to be moving too slowly and often operating with the same set of tools, concepts, and caution of the generations before us. If we’re going to keep up with the rapid pace of change and the daunting complexities of these challenges, we must rethink traditional models.
It’s time for us to be bold, act with urgency, and resist the tendency to let caution be our guide. It’s time for us to Be Fearless. Read more and learn what it means to Be Fearless.
It’s time to ignite a more fearless approach to changemaking—one that requires taking risks, being bold and failing forward… and it starts with YOU. Here you will find tools designed to help you and your organization create more meaningful social change.
Check out the updated Be Fearless Framework for Action, designed to help organizations develop a clearer understanding of what it takes to create transformative change from within.
Here’s a quick look at the five values we found to be at the heart of some of the most successful fearless change efforts of our time.
1) Make Big Bets and Make History. Set audacious, not incremental, goals.
2) Experiment Early and Often. Don’t be afraid to go first.
3) Make Failure Matter. Failure teaches. Learn from it.
4) Reach Beyond Your Bubble. It’s comfortable to go it alone. But innovation happens at intersections.
5) Let Urgency Conquer Fear. Don’t overthink and overanalyze. Do.