What are your resolutions this year? Do you want to sharpen your professional skills; network more within the philanthropic and social innovation sector; or take an idea to the stage and hone your public speaking skills? Perhaps you want to ramp up your presence on social media to stay engaged and share with your peers? There is no better time than the present to accomplish one or all of these goals in 2016.
Where and how can you get started? Look no further than one of the many conferences and events taking place across the globe. Members of the Case Foundation team speak and attend conferences throughout the year, using the time as an opportunity to share our learnings in the philanthropic sector, lift up the entrepreneurial ecosystem and ignite civic engagement. From gatherings like SXSW and Nonprofit Technology Conference to Independent Sector and the Millennial Impact Conference, check out this short list of where you need to be in 2016.
- SXSW Interactive – Austin, TX – March 10-15, 2016: Since 1986, SXSW has united hundreds of thousands of social innovators, nonprofits, storytellers and digital creative to explore big ideas, showcase brands and mobilize movements. We invite you to join the Case Foundation at one of our many talks on stage:
- Our Chairman, Steve Case, will take the main stage for an engaging discussion on the re-emergence of entrepreneurship as an American imperative, including an update on the “Rise of the Rest” tour on March 14at 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. More details HERE.
- Our CEO, Jean Case, takes the stage at #SXGood on March 14 for a conversation and lab on Inclusive Entrepreneurship. We’ll also be hosting a special happy hour with SXGood. Follow us on social media for updates on these events and sessions hosted by the Case Foundation at the #SXGood stage.
- Join me for a discussion on “#Movements: When a Hashtag Breaks the News” with Atlantic Media Strategies, the Pew Research Center and Al Jazeera’s AJ+ on Saturday, March 12from 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. More details HERE.
- National Community Reinvestment Coalition (NCRC) 2016 Annual Conference – Washington, DC – March 16-19, 2016: NCRC explores “Creating a Just Economy” with nonprofit leaders and policymakers. Learn more HERE.
- Nonprofit Technology Conference (NTEN) – San Jose, CA – March 23-25, 2016: Share learnings on new technologies, best digital strategies and new online approaches to solving pressing social issues with the best and brightest nonprofit professionals and tech minds from around the world. Learn more HERE.
- Council on Foundations “2016 Annual Conference” – Washington, DC – April 8-12, 2016: The 2016 gathering on the “The Future of Community – Identity. Purpose. Place.” will unite sector leaders for three days as they explore justice reform, climate change, rural communities and regions, and impact investing. Learn more HERE.
- “Do Good Data 2016″ hosted by Data Analysts for Social Good – Chicago, IL – April 27-29, 2016: Can data help make the world a better place? The Do Good Data network says yes! Learn how to use data analysis and data visualization to better serve the nonprofit and social innovation sectors. More details HERE.
- Social Innovation Summit – Washington, DC – June 7-8, 2016: The Social Innovation Summit is a twice-annual event taking place in Washington, DC and Silicon Valley. The convening brings together luminaries to “explore the next big idea” and leave with the tools to build it. More details HERE.
- Cause Marketing Forum – Chicago, IL – June 1-2, 2016: Join professionals dedicated to “doing well by doing good.” Be sure to check out their workshop on overcoming challenges to blending purpose and profit, and other sessions on communicating transparency, authenticity and impact. Learn more HERE.
- Sustainable Brands Conference – San Diego, CA – June 6-9, 2016: This gathering of global sustainability and brand professionals will focus on understanding and leveraging the role of brands in shaping our future. Details HERE.
- Millennial Impact Conference (MCON) – Washington, DC – June 21-23, 2016: Hosted by the Case Foundation and Achieve, MCON comes to National Geographic’s campus this year for this three-day gathering, attracting more than 40,000 livestream viewers each year with 700 social changemakers gathering in person. This dynamic hub for next gen talent is the only conference event that unites the next generation of leaders in social good, nonprofit practitioners and corporate social responsibility professionals. Learn more HERE.
- CEO’s for Cities National Meeting – Columbus, OH – September 27-29, 2016: Want to change the world? Start locally. Hundreds of urban leaders, architects and social advocates come together to address pressing community issues and exchange the smartest ideas for making progress happen at the local level. Join the conversation and learn more HERE.
- American Marketing Association Nonprofit Marketing Conference – Orlando, FL – October 5–7, 2016: Unite with nonprofit marketers for discussions on motivating the next generations, building compelling storytelling platforms and making cause marketing a part of your integrated communications strategy within your nonprofit. Learn more HERE.
- Communications Network 2016 Annual Meeting – Detroit, MI – September 28-30, 2016: This is THE premier global leadership gathering of foundation and nonprofit communications leaders committed to building a better world through the smart and deliberate use of strategic communications. More than 500 PR professionals come together to connect, learn and share. Details HERE.
- Independent Sector 2016 Annual Meeting – Washington, DC – November 16-18, 2016: Leaders from across the nonprofit and philanthropic community will venture to D.C. to examine pressing issues facing the communities we serve. This year’s event will also include a CEO Track with peer-to-peer exchanges and an NGen segment on “Moving Nonprofit Leaders from Next to Now.” More information HERE.
This is just a smattering of the hundreds of worthwhile events for you to consider attending this year. Check out our run-down of conferences from last year HERE and be on the look out for new dates announced for those gatherings. We hope to see many of you at these events and invite you to share with us any conferences that are on your radar for 2016. Tweet us @CaseFoundation to share with #CFBlog.